My contributions to ROS
ROS is Robotics Operating System developed by Willow Garage and larger Open Source community. It provides a great platform for research and development of robotics systems. The main power behind it is the convergence of state-of-the art research ideas with outstanding engineering drive.
During my internship at Willow in 2009, I developed a number of packages in different areas of perception and robot programming:
- Integrates the robot with Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Allows online and offline anntoation of images with standard data types (polygons, bounding boxes, text)
- Controls the robot to wander around the building
- Record data: images, laser data, tf, mechanism states
- Indexes the bag files
- Replays parts of the data on-demand
- Collects data about the object on the table
- Builds 3D model using structure from motion
- python action server
- Implementation of the action server in python
- Port of HOG-based object detector by Pedro Felzenswalb to Octave
- ROS wrappers to process images and publish objects
- Implementation of state machine logic over ROS actions.
- Easy-to-write state machines to control the robot
PR2 Intern Challenge!
We had a lot of fun serving drinks during the PR2 Intern Challenge 2009! Our robot was mostly autonomous with safety interrupts available to the operator. Of course, we never used those ("just kidding").
See more cool videos.
HERB Drink ordering service
I participated in further developing the Drink service for the demo at Intel Research Open House 2009 in Pittsburgh,PA.
The demo was a great success! Videos are coming.